Monday, July 22, 2013

July 19, 2013

Hurray, The festivals have begun in Laguna Beach so I spent day off work playing in Laguna.
And after driving by this new hat store on Pacific Coast Highway I finally got to stop by...


The Hat Box is FULL of fabulous hats for men and women. The owner/milliner is Paula Del Percio and she also has a hat shop in New York. But, here's the best part; her parents were both milliners and she grew up going to their hat factory! And she still used hat blocks used by her dad. This lady really knows her way around a hat.


The exact location is 550 S. Coast Highway, Laguna Beach and the store is open everyday from 12-6pm. Check it all out on her website  http://www.thehatbox.com The hats are wonderful and the prices are really reasonable. I couldn't resist and bought a green knit newsboy cap.



 But, before the Hat Box I was at the 47th Annual Laguna Beach Sawdust Festival which is anevent with over 200 local artists showcasing their creations. The stuff ranges from amazing to somewhat bizarre...
Of course I headed straight to Edith's Hats. Every year I drool over the exquisite combination of fabrics, designs and embellishments. The hats are so unique they'd be a little difficult to wear casually...
but, I can still dream :)
Check out Edith at  http://www.edithlagunabeach.com/




Sawdust is open daily 10am to 10pm until Sept. 1

New Accessories I did not need
Baby diarrhea color shoulder shawl ( hope it doesn't make me look like a granny )
Silver ring with a pearl
Purple Sawdust Festival shirt ( buy one every year )
Green knit newsboy cap from the Hat Box

No comments:

Post a Comment