Friday, July 19, 2013

July 13, 2013




If it's July and it's hot then the Orange County Fair must be going on. Dressed in my uniform of hat, shorts and t-shirt I spent most of my time in the air-conditioned display halls. The displays were full of the good, the bad and sometimes just odd contests and collections. 
But that's what makes the fair so fun. And kettle corn :)


The random costumes on these stilt walkers were really well done.
When I was a kid I loved walking on stilts but, I never thought of wearing a costume while I walked up and down my street. That would have been GREAT!






These are OLD photos of me on my stilts. My tall stilts I stood on the fence to get on them and next to me is my best friend Polly Keller. I am 10 years old in this picture. The shorter stilts were my go to stilts and I was on them as much as possible. They were painted my favorite color; purple :) 
Life was so simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment