Friday, July 19, 2013

July 16, 2013


Today I took 19 students to the Los Angeles fabric district. 
The goal is to  stay cool, look cool and keep my hands free to shop.


And although I am overwhelmed by projects I absolutely could not resist a remnant of striped knit ( $1.25 ) for a skirt, the beige silk with milk chocolate brown squares ( $10 ) for my favorite tie front blouse ( see July 15 ). Also some buttons and a little fabric to complete some half finished projects. 
Didn't even spend $20 bucks. 
You gotta love LA.


After my exhausting day in LA instead of heading home I got to go to the Orange County Breakers tennis tournament as a V.I.P. guest. Being a V.I.P. meant free food, drinks and a chance to meet the strangest mascot ever, Butterfrog. It's a frog with little butterfly wings. Seriously.


And who knew tennis could be so exciting! The highlight was watching a doubles match against the Bryan twins who last month won the male doubles tournament at a little tennis match called-
WIMBLEDON!


No comments:

Post a Comment