Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Feb 7, 2014

hand dyed cottons and silks quilted and embroidered by Charlotte Bird

 Love to spend part of a day at any kind of exhibit and I found a great free California Fibers exhibit at Soka University in Aliso Viejo.

wool and hand painted silk felted, quilted and appliquéd by Valya
There are 66 pieces by 22 different artists in the Founders Hall Art Gallery.

wire, caning, fruit skin and leaves by Polly Jacobs Giacchina
 The pieces all highlight amazing results using traditional techniques in very imaginative ways.

felt, wool, netting, gauze, cotton by Valya
 Some of the techniques could definitely be used in garment construction.

cotton yarn by Ashley V. Blalock
Sometimes I wonder if I am more inspired by what these artists create or depressed by how little I create in comparison.
I really, really, really, really, really, really need to think less and make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment