Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 15, 2013


 Really meant to go to Fashion Island shopping mall in Newport Beach today but,
 got seriously sidetracked by a bunch of rabbits at Newport Beach City Hall.


Newport Beach has just built a giant, brand new, visually interesting City Hall.


The landscaping around the City Hall building is really whimsical.
Lots of round plants and funky trees.
I truly felt like I was walking through a Dr. Seuss book!



But, I came to find the rabbits.
A lovely stroll along part of the 1.23 miles of trails over hills and dales and fun bridges and I found the warren of rabbits that can be glimpsed while driving by.


And although each rabbit cost $13,800 ( !! ) they are not meant to be precious or sculptures.
The rabbits are for kids to climb and interact with instead of a playground.


As public art I think the rabbits have a nice impact;
as a playground I think kids would prefer swings and a slide :)
Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment