Friday, October 25, 2013

October 23, 2013

 My BFF talked me into buying cheap seats online to see Priscella Queen of the Desert and we totally lucked out with really great seats!


And a play is so much more fun when there are props to pose with in the lobby 
( that's me in the green glasses :)


I already kinda knew the story line but, what really interested me was the fantastic music and the way over-the-top costumes. 
During the 2 1/2 hour play I saw more than 500 costumes, 150 pairs of shoes, 60 wigs, and 200 hats 
( according to a review in the newspaper ) 


The main three characters were very convincing as drag queens. I thought one was actually a woman actress pretending to be a man being a woman...if that makes sense.


Staying with the drag theme you could use a completely random chance method ( ping pong balls in a giant fish bowl with words written on them ) to discover your 'drag name'


 Of course I selected my drag name...
Introducing Violet Margarita!

A night of lots of laughs, music and shoulda danced in the aisles.

No comments:

Post a Comment