Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 8, 2013


The theme of the weekend was tall ships and pirates!


Seven tall historic ships sailed into Dana Point Harbor for the weekend and festivities, pirates, and LOTS of visitors followed.


Pirate themed crafts were on display and these Tricorn hats were exquisitely made of leather! 
Amazing workmanship and I was too chicken to ask how much the hats cost.
I always have a soft spot for hats although I doubt I would ever have an occasion to wear the three sided turned up brim Tricorn that was last popular in the 17th and 18th century.


Wanna-be pirates were everywhere!


And some pirates were better than others. 



Tall ships, crafts and pirates are all fine but, here is what really made my heart sing...
fresh hot kettle corn!
Shiver me timbers it was delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment