Saturday, September 21, 2013

September 18, 2013


Today was all about me so I treated myself to a FABULOUS ( very warm ) day in Los Angeles!
It was a great day to be me.


 First stop was at FIDM ( Fashion Institute of Design and Manufacturing ) to see the 7th Annual Outstanding Art of Television Costume Design. The exhibit lasts until Oct 17 and consists of over 100 costumes from 15 different TV shows. 
You used to be able to sneak photos but, security has been greatly improved and there is no chance of any furtive shots :( 
So go see it yourself; you won't be disappointed.


Next on my fun agenda was the always intriguing Michael Levine Loft.
Fabric is sold by the pound and the large store has dozens of huge cardboard boxes FILLED with fabric in all widths, lengths and fibers. 
So it's a giant scavenger hunt.


What I bought
5 &1/2 pounds of fabric I just couldn't resist (  $13.50 total ) at the Loft
Trims for projects ( $25 !! ) from regular priced Michael Levine store

Sometimes LA can really suck, but today I left with my head full of ideas and a bag full of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment