Friday, June 13, 2014

4 Week Blur

Wow, 
I cannot believe that 4 weeks have passed since I last had time to sit down at the computer.
Of course, I did go to San Francisco 3 times in 5 weeks and my semester ended with all the accompanying paperwork and grading, and I had to move lots of my clothes out of my daughters room…
Okay, I do see how 4 weeks went by in a blur :)


Already went to one graduation in San Francisco and then 7 days later it was back for
the next girlie's graduation. 
So proud.


Lots of time for silly poses before the commencement.


But, a few days before the commencement my hubster and I had moseyed
 up the coast on Hwy 1 and did some spontaneous hiking that was breathtaking,


Stopped and had a picnic by a lighthouse,


and finally arrived in San Francisco and started the celebration.


There was lots of pomp and circumstance


and then a roadside picnic on the way back home. 


Returned to our regular activities of strolling unique avenues,


attending parties ( this one was a baby shower, so more fun than a funeral )


and shopping strawberries at our favorite Farmers Market,


and some down time at the beach.


Then it was back to San Francisco 


And is it just me, or are my girlies starting to look strangely alike…???


I actually went to San Francisco to attend a 4 day ribbon workshop at my friend Wayne Wichern's
millinery studio that is just a BART ride from my girlie's apartment.


Another day, another trip to the studio,


Crazy fun ribbon and fabric workshop taught by Candace Kling.


Day three and everyone's creative juices are flowing!
It was a frenzy of creativity.



Impossible to believe but, the workshop just gets better and better.



Last day of the workshop and instead of winding down at the end the instructions and ideas starting going faster!
I have about 30 pages of hand written notes that hopefully will remind me the steps to recreating some of the wonderful flowers and cockades.
I also have all the samples that I made in the workshop.



Of course it wasn't all workshop all the time…
there were memorable meals,


Intensely fun Jenga sessions,


and San Francisco was waving its gay pride everywhere !


All too soon we packed up my little car to move my girlie home for the summer.


Of course we took a slight detour and stopped in Pismo Beach, my new favorite town.


Then there was the day trip to the gorgeous vineyards by San Luis Obispo.


There are ALOT of vineyards to visit…


We only made it to a couple because I had to drive.


Also stopped in Santa Barbara and found an amazing harbor restaurant with breathtaking views.
The weather and day was perfect! 


And then all too soon it is back to my regularly programmed life.
And beginning a grueling 8 week summer school schedule.


But my hats are ready for summer and so am I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment