Sunday, March 16, 2014

My San Francisco fix


Don't need a reason, just an itch to get up to San Francisco.


Rushed from the airport to a LOVELY dinner at the very posh 
Olympic Club.


Girlie's boyfriend is a member and the food and facilities were amazing!!


Next day back to my funky self as I went to Tail of the Yak; 
a small store in Berkeley that has been evolving for the last 45 years into a wonderland of curiosities. Some items are more practical than others but, seriously you forget to shop because looking at everything is a little overwhelming.


The kind ladies gave us free calendars and I bought a flock of metal bird brooches.


Next on my fun agenda was a 30 minute tour of Britex Fabrics in San Francisco.
I wasn't in town for the intense once a month after hours tour but, my mini tour was pretty interesting.
Lots of details on my other blog WeSew


A whole wall of ribbons makes it difficult to choose just one.
So I always buy many, many, many.



Met up with my groovy girlies in Union Square...


and had some bubbly with lunch at the top of Neiman Marcus,


then it was off to the new Nordstrom Rack that has just opened in the city.



A chance encounter with a large group of naked cyclist protesting gas consumption was unique.
Apparently they don't care if they don't wear anything!


Art Walk in the Lower Haight Ashbury was psychedelic and very aromatic…


But, the natives were all friendly and no one mocked my middle-aged suburban self.


Finally it was the afternoon of a ribbon flower seminar taught by the guru of ribbon work;
Candace Kling.
She is an author, an artist, extremely well known in fabric arts and extremely nice.
The pink flower is the one I made, the others are Candace's examples.


One more day, one more photo of myself :)


More meals…


more hippie chic…


and my five day escape to San Francisco was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment