Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November 2, 2013


I am one lucky girl to live minutes away from Laguna Beach. 
From the artist festivals all summer to the downtown galleries it just feeds my creative soul. 
And today I did something new, different and WONDERFUL!


I attended one of the monthly Artist Open Studio tours.


It is absolutely free and the city trolley drives up and down Laguna Canyon Road and makes stops at various artist studios ( 29 studios all total! ) and you basically hop on and off the trolley staying at each studio as long as you wish.
It was so amazingly fun.

Louis Longi house/studio; longisculptures.com
 Some studios were in clusters of semi-industrial space and some were the artists home and studio.
The artist were diverse and really glad to answer all my noisy questions.
I absolutely did not let on I have a degree in fine art; my fine art endeavors seem like a lifetime ago.

Sandy Groves ceramic studio; sandygroves.com

Maggie Spencer fused glass studio; maggiespencer.com


Maggie Spencer actually had her studio set up so visitors could make a fused glass Jack-o-lantern or turkey.


This is her glass kiln filling up with visitors fused art projects. 
They will be ready for pick up in a few days and I can't wait to see how my turkey turns out :)


The studios are open from 11am to 4pm and all the information is at spoeschl@lagunabeachcity.net
I tried valiantly to visit as many studios as possible but, by 2:30 I was barely half way through and really hungry so I called it a day…
but what an enjoyable great day it was !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment