Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 2, 2013




If there is a quilt show in Southern California my mom and I will probably think about attending.
If it is the annual International Quilt Show at the Long Beach Convention Center we will definitely attend.
So that's what my award-winning quilter mom and I did on Friday.


This bright flower quilt was one of my favorites.
Love the composition and the colors.


And if you can wrap your brain around this...each different color you see is a separate piece of fabric HAND STITCHED to the quilt. 
Utterly amazing workmanship and wouldn't this look great on clothing also!


And this goat is a wonderful example of not only great stitching skills but, what fantastic inventive colors  and prints to use! 
It is exactly what Matisse, Picasso and the Impressionists did in their paintings!


And quilts weren't the only things to see.
Check out what this vendor was wearing! ( who says quilters aren't fun )


As usual the show was a visual delight and my brain was over flowing with new ideas, techniques, color combos, etc by the time we left. 
And it was a final good-bye because next year this show is moving to Portland, Oregon :(
I sense a road trip in my future...


Stuff I didn't need to buy close-up
8 antique buttons
4 remnants of Rayon velvet
3 used books on techniques
1 bag of machine bobbins ( these I actually desperately needed )
1 snail pincushion pattern
1 large felted flower necklace ( thanks Mom )


No comments:

Post a Comment