Thursday, March 28, 2013

First Stop: NYC

HELLO BIG APPLE!

After plotting and planning for months my awesome, amazing escape from Orange County finally began...


Although I only had 48 hours in New York City I enjoyed every minute.


First stop was at the Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The show was pretty good but, the museum is HUGE and amazing!!


Couldn't resist making Picasso face at a random Picasso painting from 1967



Next stop was the NYC Millinery Guild " Night and Day " exhibit at the National Arts Club.
The milliner Jasmin Zorlu relocated to NYC from San Francisco and has two hats in this exhibit.
She once taught me in San Francisco how to block a felt hat. 


I love all hats big and small, sane and crazy, safe and flamboyant so I throughly enjoyed the exhibit.
The remaining hours were full of window shopping, food, laughter, and real shopping.
I love New York!


Souvenir Close-up
Great super light gray hooded vest from Nordstrom Rack in NYC ( wore it constantly rest of trip )
Tourist t-shirt, umbrella and dumb 44 ways to tie a scarf book from Metropolitan Musuem
Great aviator sunglasses from Banana Republic
Complimentary Millinery Guild pins

No comments:

Post a Comment