Friday, May 2, 2014

April 26, 2014 OR 1940???


Time travel alert!
As a new member of the Costume Guild West 
I knew it was inevitable that dressing from a past era would become necessary.
I selected the 1940s


The event was a wonderful tea party and these ladies really know how to dress up!


Some of the outfits were real vintage clothing and hats.
Wonder if my mom saved anything from the 1950s….


Guests shared stories and personal anecdotes,


shared costuming tips and suppliers,


heck, they even shared what was under their lovely period dresses.


The tea party was in honor of Mela Hoyt-Heydon 
who is a very busy, prolific costumer AND milliner.
Also, a really delightful person to meet.


Accessory Close-up
These are the 1940 style accessories I already own ( I made the cloche hat in a hat class a few years ago ) that influenced my decision to sew a 1940s dress.

The only serious flop was my hair-do that was AWFUL.
But, I still had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment